Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm at a loss as to how to deal with this situation with the guy who my girlfriend slept with...?

My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years or so. About 2 years ago due to immigration issues we were on different continents for 3 months. During this time she got very drunk and slept with a friend of ours. She admitted her infidelity to me and we eventually patched it up though neither of us have seen him since.



Ok so present day. He is still friends with a lot of my friends and this is causing issues for them and us as they have to make sure that we're not the same events or gatherings. At this point although I still feel horrible about the whole incident I feel that I don't need this negativity in my life and I'd prefer to have it resolved. If I try to talk to him about it does this make me weak for trying to have an easy life or strong for attempting to deal with it once and for all? Also, how the hell do you go about having that conversation?I'm at a loss as to how to deal with this situation with the guy who my girlfriend slept with...?
No, I think you are the bigger person for initiating this. If you are not comfortable calling him or taliking to him directly at first, have a mutual friend explain to him that you want reconciliation. Tell him that you have forgiven him as you have forgiven her, that you may not necessarily want to be friends but at least on good terms (a hello and a goodbye type thing) so you can share the same friends without so much hassel. You deserve much respect for this. He probably has wanted to so the same thing but was afraid you were angry with him. Please remember what is forgiven is forgiven, it is not always forgotton but to bring things up after a reconciliation is not acceptable, BE SURE you are ready to forgive him! good luckI'm at a loss as to how to deal with this situation with the guy who my girlfriend slept with...?
forget it..you forgave your girlfriend who betrayed you in the worst way...if you can take her back then you need to forgive him also...

you dont have to talk to him or anything but theres no reason to confront him over the past..
You are for sure strong for attempting to deal with it! That is something thats sets apart men from boys. I am sure he would also like to talk to you about it, but I am sure since he was in the wrong he figures you dont want to discuss it with him. I doubt you could ever be best buds with him, but just getting the issue out in the open will allow for you guys to at least be in the same room together. I would just go to a group event or something where you know he will be there. You can pull him to the side and discuss it. That will be better than asking to meet him one on one. The guy could take that as you just wanting to get him alone to beat him up or something.
first of all if i were you i woud not go back with my girl...i would leave her! wheather or not she was drunk u do not do that ****!!! and how can you want to talk to him about it! y would you want to? no leave it alone! if you drink u should know how to control ur self! if you don't know then don't drink!!! that's my point of view! and another thing...she says she was drunk and wasn't thinking! ok, how do u know she is not lying and she wasn't drunk and it was meant to happen? hello yea u might be saying then y would she tell me right? maybe cuz she is probably scared the guy might tell or something, that u will know...think about it...i am a girl, i know but still...



good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment