Thursday, October 28, 2010

Does she want to be my girlfriend or not?

We've been dating about 6 weeks now, and our first weekend away from each other, she was out drinking with her friends texting me a lot. She started saying how much she missed me and that she was bummed couldn't sleep over that night, and then asked if we could have the ';what are we talk'; when I got back. (Turned out some guy tried kissing her at the bar, and she backed away, and he asked if she had a boyfriend). We already had decided we were dating exclusively, so I figured she meant are we boyfriend/girlfriend?



When we met up when I got back, I happened to bring it up, and she reaaallyy didn't want to talk about it. She got quiet for a bit. We trudged through the conversation a bit, and her saying that she didn't want things to get too serious. I wasn't sure what that meant, and she said meaning me being too controlling or jealous (I guess her last relationship the guy would get extremely jealous, call her a whore for not answering his texts, etc.). So I understood, and I'm trying to let her know that's not in my nature, but she just needs some time. I'm fine with that, but at the end of the night, I felt REALLY stupid for bringing it up, like I was the one pushing for the ';girlfriend'; label.Does she want to be my girlfriend or not?
No, you're fine. Don't worry about it. I'd say don't push it too much and give her some space. I'm sure you guys will talk about it sometime again soonDoes she want to be my girlfriend or not?
Heres what you do, sit with her at a time where you guys have a lot of time.

Say, ';I just want you to know that you are really special to me, and I trust you to be smart and be good to me. I would really like to know if you want to be in a relationship with me, and if not, how much time do you think you'll need before I can bring this up again? Please understand I have no intention of getting crazy possessive or anything, you have your own life, and I respect that. It just makes you more attractive.';

No comments:

Post a Comment