Thursday, October 28, 2010

I like a guy whose girlfriend is cheating on him. Could he possibly like me too?

Okay, so, I've known this guy for about four years... But we haven't really began talking until recently.

He has a girlfriend, though. She's cheating on him and has trouble keeping her own stories straight and has been caught by close friends on multiple occasions. Yet... My friend can't break up with her. Whenever he asks her about it so ends up talking her way out of it. And he just gives in, not wanting confrontation.



But whenever I grumble about how she's a whore and he should break up with her he just laughs and agrees.

She's going to be moving to Florida at the end of the school year, so in like a month.



And I find my stupid self falling for him. Pathetic, eh? And in some ways I wonder if maybe he likes me as well. We talk everyday at least once or twice and often for longer than two hours at a time. Sometimes I'll tease him about the long line of girls wanting to date him and he'll respond with a ';Some who I talk to on a daily basis... And go to a different school.';

Both of which apply to me.

And one time after a long ranting call, he said ';Love you'; before hanging up and he's been saying my name a lot more often.



A little while ago I went skating with him and the flirting was a bit less subtle. Because I have the co-ordination of a drunken sea cow I was stumbling all over the floor so he came up and held my hand to help. Even amid my constant stream of cursing he just smiled and said, ';I got you, I'm not letting go.';

And even when I was skating okay, he didn't let go. Only when I was feeling a little shy because we were sweating so much did I let go.

Also he stood really closely until I would hug him and didn't immediately let go, only whispered in my ear, ';Having fun yet?';

And he dragged me to the floor when the non-skaters were hearded up to dance despite my protests.



Afterwards we stood outside for a bit and he didn't realize I never gave his hat back. And he wanted to to call him as soon as I got home so he knew I got there okay.

So a couple of days later I went to give his hat back at the park. I walked and we talked on the phone during my trek and stood laughing at ourselves for about five full minutes because he was just standing by the road in the direct sunlight getting honked at while I ran the four miles from my house.



Then at the park he told me a friend of his told him he should dump his girlfriend for me. I didn't really know what to say, so I just kind of laughed because his girlfriend had been right there when she said that.



He tells me things that nobody else knows about his mischevious past and feelings about the drama with his girlfriend.



I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into this. What do you think? Am I just a good friend that he can confide in?I like a guy whose girlfriend is cheating on him. Could he possibly like me too?
I personally think he likes you, he also sounds like a great guy from what you've said. From that he seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't give up his girlfriend because he doesn't want to hurt her even though she's hurt him (I had a friend like this) if everyone is pushing him to break up with her, hopefully soon he will as she is no good for him. Don't rush in on him, if he does like you I think he seems confident enough to ask you out after he leaves his girlfriend, until then just stay as that friend he can confide in. I think things should work out for you and he should break up with his girlfriend soon or just let her go when she moves. Keep being supportive and good luck. I truly hope this works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment