Thursday, October 21, 2010

In Montreal guys always put their hands on my girlfriend at the bar, is this acceptable?

OK I am from england, so maybe this is a cultural thing, I want to know for sure anyhow. When I am at bars with my girlfriend guys sit beside her and put their arms around her, sometimes rubbing her back up and down. This really angers me as she does nothing to stop them. me and her have argued badly a couple of times about this. She is a french speaker from montreal and insists that this is just how montreal guys are, they are just friendly. I say to her so you wont mind me doing that with some girl and ofcourse she goes mad at that idea. Where the hell do guys get off anyhow in florida and montreal, when they can see the girl is with another man. In england someone could end up hospitalised for this behaviour and it makes me even angrier than my girl seems to think its normal. What should i do next time? Should i dump her for thinking this is OK as i find it totally disrespectful to me and her. Id like to get an opinion from a french speaker from montreal especially.In Montreal guys always put their hands on my girlfriend at the bar, is this acceptable?
never ok in any country i think because it is disrespecting that person if you do that .In Montreal guys always put their hands on my girlfriend at the bar, is this acceptable?
get a new girlfriend.. shes not a classy woman.. woman are so cheap nowadays .. sad..

Report Abuse


Man you are from england.

1) How hard was it for you to start your relationship with her? I bet it was pretty quick.



2) Living in Montreal my whole life I can attest to the fact that quebec chix are promiscuous. especially if you are foreign, they will whore themselves out to you.

Report Abuse


3) you're gf is a whore. dump her and go for her best friend, she had it coming.

Report Abuse


It sounds to me like she is just making an excuse to flirt with other men. And she expects you to be a perfect gentleman? It shows a total lack of respect, and it is unacceptable behavior anywhere you go.
sorry that is not acceptable

(Canadian)
There is no way that it is acceptable anywhere. That is just a total luck of respect man.



I feel for you.
I've spent enough time in Montr茅al without that happening that I have to wonder what she's doing. How does she dress, act, what does she say to them?



Sorry; not good.
It's acceptable as long as you let it happen. I wouldn't
NO WAY is it acceptable, because they are from Montreal is no different. Anyman who puts his hands on my wife and starts rubbing her is a DEAD man. Especially if he is French!!
I'm from Montreal, and I've spent time in England so I have seen both perspectives. In Montreal people are more touchy-feely, but that sounds like they are pushing it. Unless they're friends of your girl in which case that's normal... I must say I have never exprienced that however.



But let me put it this way. If any guy did that to my girl he had better back off VERY quickly once I made my view known. Your girlfriend sounds a bit friendlier than normal, even by montreal standards...
sounds like ur girl gets around man but yeah they did seem more touchy when i was there also saw the same thing in france so yeah they r touchy and friendly but they are also trying to get in her pants i'm from new jersey and very close to nyc if u do that in this area u may just turn up as a missing person
I am from Montreal and trust me I don't let any man put there hands on me (especially because i have a boyfriend) and if they are it's definitely flirting and you are giving the a guy the wrong impression if you don't tell them to stop.This is not a culture thing its flirting and your girlfriend should not be letting them do that when she has a boyfriend to do that.
Unacceptable
Montreal is very dirty city, there is no ethics there, what do you expect from Canadian? They left isolated from the World in whole history, they id all kinds of crimes against their own children. I saw a 16 year Boy who was telling me having anal sex with his father for $60 that father giving him, there was a court case that a girl had ten years sex with his father and the court give her only $50,000 award against father.
Knock em out..but you have to take your hockey gloves off and then pull their jersey over there heads and then continue to batter them:) Your girl should say non to them....there are creeps everywhere there...they all think that because they have their silly accent they can get all the girls...eh.
If she's ok with it, it's just between you and her. I think that generally yes, Montrealers are more likely to touch, and are more likely to notice the encouragement (from her) than the discouragement (from you). Since it really does bother you, and she doesn't seem to care, you may have to dump her. But I think it wouldn't be a bad idea first to try touching other girls and let her know how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment