Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I get over a guy with a girlfriend?

I'm going to TRY to make this easy. This guy and I who were once friends stopped talking as friends for a while when he had gotten back with his ex girlfriend for unknown reasons(he stopped talking to me). We had feelings for each other for a while.



So I couldn't stop thinking about him and I just wanted things to be straight because I felt I was losing a good friend. I told him I had been thinking about him lately and just wanted to settle things when he comes out and asks me did I want to be more than friends. I was kind of shocked and for a minute forgot he'd had a girlfriend and one thing led to another. We never kissed while they were going out just flirted I thought it was ok because they'd walk past each other in school without speaking, he wouldn't even walk her to class anymore so I figured they were about to break up.



After a while I came to my senses and knew they weren't; he was still with her. I confronted him telling him I didn't think it was right for us to talk anymore so then this whole big fight happens and he pins everything on me saying how he never wanted what we had or what I was trying to have like I was the only one in this.



Today I saw him walking with his girlfriend again I guess in attempts to make me jealous(then again could be wrong) we didn't even speak. He's so hard to get over though especially when I see him all the time, how can I get over him and not fall into his traps anymore? Also, why would he have said it's not like he wanted what we had going on when he was the one mostly making moves on me, inviting me places with him, etc.How do I get over a guy with a girlfriend?
The feeling you have are very real to you right now. The hurt, the longing, the jealousy are very intense right now. I envy you, I really do. I don't want to sound condecending, but with all my years looking back at what is happening to you as when i was young, I envy your ability to feel so passionately.

Over the years you will give your heart to people that don't deserve it. I mean that in two ways. Some people aren't worthy of your affection. Others should not be burdened with caring for your heart. The young man used you to solace his pain at the loss of his girlfriend. And like so many young romances, it ebbs and flows and he is once again with the girl of HIS desire. You might find him to be quite a catch, but he's not yours. He isn't ment for you. There is somebody for you. He might be at a different school, he might be at your school. A friend that you haven't given a second look at. A boy that feels the same aching pain you feel as he watches you chase a boy that is unworthy of your heart.

Walk away from the whole thing. It hurts, and it will hurt. However one day it wont hurt as much, and then another day it will hurt less, and one day you will be able to look back on this whole situation and see where your mistakes were made. Where you let your guard down, where signals got crossed, and you will use that information in your future relationships.

Wisdom often comes from mountains of bad experiences. .How do I get over a guy with a girlfriend?
just don't talk to him.. he is obviously stupid if he doesn't even know he started all that. after a while of not talking to him, you'll forget about him, and since things pretty much ended on bad terms, you wont..miss him, in that way.
wow! im in the same situation,

like down to every last word.

which is kinda freaky.



haha, but yeah idk, im still trying to figure it out myself.

the best advice ive gotten is to start talking to someone new...

idk, if you find anything out...let me know pleaseeeeeee.
I don't think there is any way to get over him. You can't exactly control your emotions all you can do is control who sees them. I think you should just look for another guy that you may have interest in and start talking to him, and hang out with your girl friends more so that you are busy and aren't constantly thinking about him.
If you occupy your time with other people and things to do, it always kinda helps you to ease through these kinda things a bit smoother. Of course it is never really easy! Best to try not to dwell on it too much.
I won't even try to venture a guess as to what was going through his head. You just need to deal with your feelings and where you go from here. I know it can be hard seeing somebody everyday that you once had a good relationship with but don't now. The best I can tell you is to develop a life that doesn't involve him. Live your life the best you can and develop relationships(friendships and/or dating) with people who you want to be with and want to be with you. In time you will get past him because you have a full and hopefully happy life. If he ever comes back to you, then it is up to you whether you want him or not, but you will be dealing from a position of strength - you will have a full and happy life without him so you don't need him. You can bring him back into your life if you feel he can add to it, but he won't be necessary for you to have a happy and full life. Being in a position of strength isn't a bad thing or something to hang over someones head, all it says is that you are a whole and secure person in the life you have and you are not working from a place of dependence.

No comments:

Post a Comment