Friday, November 19, 2010

How to handle a drunk guy bothering your girlfriend without causing trouble?

My girlfriend gets harassed by drunk guys at bars a lot when we are out. They are mostly harmless, just irritating. Is there a better way of dealing with these people rather than getting physical? It seems like every time I tell them to back off they start something and I finish it, consequently ruining everybody's evening. I'm 6'4 and a trained boxer, and I'm never drunk so there is potential for somebody to someday get seriously hurt and for me to end up in legal trouble.



It's not my fault, but still, any suggestions on defusing them without having to get physical?



As a total side note, what's up with bartenders? Shouldn't they have some responsibility in denying drinks when somebody has had enough? Aside from harassing people, these folks might try something stupid like driving home or walking into the street.



Thanks.How to handle a drunk guy bothering your girlfriend without causing trouble?
First off, congrats for having a woman who generates this kind of problem for you :-P



Second, props for you in at least *trying* to avoid violence right off; I have friends who are bouncers.



I would suggest that you identify any drunken paramours' friends and try to get them involved; let them know that he's getting out of line and they should gently pull their friend away - that's what good friends *should* do in cases like that.



If that doesn't help (or just brings more people into a threatening situation), get the bar staff involved as quickly as possible - the bouncers' job is to defuse situations and maintain order; at the very least, you will be identified by staff as the one trying to remain calm and can help peoples' perceptions if things get out of hand.



Even if someone causes legal trouble following an incident where you need to defend yourself or your lady, making it clear that you were not the offending party keeps you on the high moral ground; having the bar staff on your side is a major plus in any courtroom.How to handle a drunk guy bothering your girlfriend without causing trouble?
find better places to hang out
I used to have that problem with my girl.My solution.Was to walk right up to her.Give her a big ole kiss.And ask in front of them.Is this guy bothering you babe.If she said no.I left it at that.if she said yes.i would say.She is with me.So go find someone else.I git into a few altercations.Most of the time though.They backed of.

Side note.The bartender is not responsible for babysitting.People need to take personel responsibility for there own actions.They know when they are getting drunk.No excuses.They are responsible for themselves.
If you dont want to get physical dont take your gf to a bar.

If it happens it happens.

If you gotta kick some a$$ just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment